LPDC MEETING DATES SCHEDULED FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
Ashtabula County Educational Service Center
2630 West 13th Street, Ashtabula, OH 44004
September 17, 2020
October 15, 2020
November 19, 2020
December 17, 2020
January 21, 2021
February 18, 2021
March 18, 2021
April 15, 2021
May 20, 2021
June 17, 2021
Renew a License
All educators now use the Connected Ohio Records for Educators (CORE) system exclusively to renew their licenses, permits or certificates online. The online process provides a secure environment for educators to update their demographic data and pay licensure fees using a credit card or electronic check.
Before starting your renewal application, be sure your background check is still valid.
No pre-approval of coursework: Applicants do not need to seek pre-approval of coursework from the Ohio Department of Education. The Department does not pre-approve coursework. Applicants should select coursework related to classroom teaching and/or area of licensure.
Accreditation: Coursework must be completed at an accredited college or university. To verify accreditation, check with the college or university directly or check here. Click here to find accredited institutions approved to offer Educator Preparation programs in the state of Ohio.
Get Ready to Renew Your License
If you wish to renew, advance or transition to one of the licenses listed in this section, check the appropriate link below first for special instructions. If you do not see your license in this section, skip ahead to the Application Instructions section.
- Renew a five-year license
- Apply for a license in a new area
- Renew a substitute license
- Extend, advance or renew a resident educator or alternative resident educator license
- Transition or advance a two-year provisional license
- Advance to a senior or lead professional license
- Transition a certificate to a license
- Options for alignment of educator licenses
- Access your OH|ID account.
- Click Educator Licensure and Records (CORE).
- Complete the online application from your CORE Dashboard.
- See the CORE User Manual for complete instructions.